We have an established traffic lane designated as a safe place for adults in private vehicles to drop off and load children before and after school. This route is separate from the school bus loop, which helps us to avoid problems associated with cars intermingling with buses. It also establishes a pedestrian traffic pattern to protect our students. This replaces the need for you to park and enter the school to sign out your children. We hope this helps expedite the process.
If all drivers cooperate, the adult supervisors will be able to provide an efficient and protected transfer of children. The following information helps us work together to keep all children, parents, and staff safe during dismissal from school.
Families who wish to pick their children up after school, even occasionally, will register and receive a plastic band for their child’s book bag. They will also receive a corresponding number to put on the rear view mirror of their car so that we can ensure children are being picked up by parents or parent designated adults.
You will need to complete a registration form and show your ID to receive a plastic band with a designated number and matching hanging number. This should be placed on the mirror in the front windshield of your car visible to the staff during each pickup. Your child/children should commit the number to memory to hasten pickup at the end of the day. Please use the designated lane and observe safety rules to keep the flow of traffic moving.
- Please do not block the entrance and exit of the bus loop so they can enter and exit in a timely manner. Busses have right of way.
- Pull forward as far as possible into the designated lane before loading or unloading.
- Load and unload in the designated area only.
- Load and unload from the right side of the vehicle only at Big Pattie and the left side from Little Pattie.
- Remain in the driver’s seat.
- Do not pass cars in line.
- Do not park in the lane and leave car unattended.
- Please pay attention to the directions of the school staff who are directing each day.